Bea Griffiths Professional Development fund
Classified Senate awards professional development funds to Classified Staff who wish to improve job skills. Successful applicants will demonstrate that the professional development opportunity relates to their current duties at Santa Rosa Junior College. Bea Griffiths, retired Staff Development Coordinator, established this fund and continues to have a positive impact on the Classified Senate at SRJC.
Pat Tognozzi Classified Senate Student Scholarship
Each year the Classified Senate awards two scholarships in the Fall and Spring semester to a continuing Santa Rosa Junior College student in in honor of a former outstanding employee, Pat Tognozzi who passed away in 1999. Only relatives of a classified staff member are eligible to apply. When the application period is open, e-mail notifications are sent through the SRJC staff distribution list.
The criteria for the scholarship is as follows:
- The student must be a relative of a classified staff member.
- The student must have a 2.50 GPA.
- The student must be enrolled in 9 or more units each semester
- The student must show that he/she has leadership qualities and must have participated in community service/activities.
- The Pat Tognozzi Scholarship is awarded at the Classified Recognition Dinner, which is held during the Spring semester.
The scholarship is supported by donations from private parties and from fundraising efforts of the Classified Senate.
We also take donations, which can be sent to:
Classified Senate (Professional Development or Scholarship Fund)
SRJC Foundation Office
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Please make your check payable to: Classified Senate Scholarship